Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Prepare students to excel in civil and environmental engineering and related fields.
- Make clear to students, above all else, that the civil and environmental engineering professions are committed to bettering the world.
- Provide modern, fundamental, practice-oriented education in the civil and environmental engineering field.
- Foster creativity and critical thinking in problem solving, and motivate students to consider environmental consequences of their work.
- Enable students to lead in their professions, communities, nations and the world.
Civil and Environmental Engineering graduates of the David Crawford School of Engineering should have the foundation to:
- Participate in project teams in their chosen field of research, design, construction or management, progressively rising to positions of technical and managerial leadership.
- Evaluate a need and apply appropriate knowledge of natural and engineering sciences to fulfill that need.
- Be respected and recognized for technical competence in the creation of solutions that balance sustainability and societal and economic challenges.
- Become active citizens in their professions, communities, the nation and the world.
- Communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Actively engage in continuing education throughout life.