Information Systems minor
Students majoring in a subject other than Computer Science, Management, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Security and Information Assurance may wish to pursue a minor degree in Information Systems. This is an effective way to gain a solid knowledge of computer systems technology that will strengthen virtually any degree.
For this, a student must complete six courses, five of which are required and one selected from a list of eligible classes.
All must be completed with a degree of "C" or better.
- IS130 Introduction to Computing
- IS131 Computer Programming
- *IS221 G.U.I. Programming
- IS228 Intro to Data Structures
- IS240 Database Management
- One of the following: IS301, IS353, IS406, IS460/changing to IS260
* IS120/121 may be substituted for IS221